Have you ever found yourself snacking on a chocolate bar or packet of crisps at the office? It helps take our mind off things at work, stops our hunger attack and gives us a temporary sugar rush before the next meeting.
However, soon after we’ve finished snacking we often feel guilty and lethargic. ‘Why did I eat that? I should have had something healthy’. Well the thing with an unhealthy snack is that it is often convenient, freely available at the cafeteria or the store across the road. We don’t have time to make a salad. However with a little preparation, we could still snack on something that is just as tasty, but this time we can do it without the guilt and feel great afterwards thanks to some superfoods.
Below is a recipe for protein balls packed with superfoods to make you feel great, stop that hunger attack and even hopefully cure some stress at the office. Well ok, you may have to depend on your boss for that last one.
You will need:
- 330 g raw whole almonds or walnuts
- 60g Whey Protein Isolate or Organic Pea Protein
- 20 fresh dates, pitted
- 3 generous tablespoons of raw cacao
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch flaked sea salt
- 1 orange
- Coconut, Goji berry, Cacao, Nuts, Healthy Chef Matcha for rolling
- Throw almonds into the food processor with cinnamon, protein powder, a little orange zest and the raw cacao then process until the mix looks crumbly.
- Add dates, vanilla extract then process again until the mix starts to come together.
- Add juice from 1/2 orange so that mixture is soft and forms a ball.
- Roll into 14 balls.
- Roll in coconut or any other suggested coatings and store in the fridge for several days.
Blend 2 Power Balls with 1 cup of cold pressed almond milk or coconut water and frozen banana for the most delicious power packed smoothie.
For more nutrition and exercise tips contact of Fitness and Health Consultant for a consultation: firstname.lastname@example.org